Tuesday, January 31, 2012

MY BRAIN

I need to watch all of Maison Ikkoku. I also need to watch all of Urusei Yatsura. I guess I should give Inuyasha a chance if I love Takahashi so much. That's like 300+ episodes and nigh on a hundred TPB mangas. I need to read some William Gibson and some Robert A. Heinlein. Better throw in Robert E. Howard and H.P. Lovecraft's entire library as well. Not enough time in the goddamn world. Not enough fuckin' time. Trying to catch up on Bradbury as well, then follow up with some Asimov. Never finished The Black Company; fool's move, there. Need to watch all the seasons of Space Battleship Yamato. Too overwhelmed to start Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Why the hell haven't I watched all of Galaxy Express 999? Could be watching/reading/playing shit, but nah, guess I'll update this garbage blog. Everything is out of print. Fuck VIZ. This day has been wasted; only one episode of Victory Gundam down--and a half episode, at that. Waste of a day. I should be reading Harlan Ellison short stories and getting all cynical and hateful at my own lethargic nonsense. Guess I'll just drink coffee and think about all the great things I should be indulging, consuming. Need to go back in time; change some things--oh, hey Regret. Bloody hell. Need to read everything Tezuka wrote. Swallowing the Earth is getting a 2nd printing and I'm ecstatic; Message to Adolf as well. Barbara is also getting translated. Please, please localize Marvelous Melmo or The Amazing Three and everything else as well! Vertical is doing an outstanding job and creating quite the catalog. Drawn & Quarterly is doing alright themselves; I really wish they'd chill out with the indie garbage and focus on classics a bit more, though. Today I will finish Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. I think about the loss of classic Gainax far too often. What a forlorn company.

No comments:

Post a Comment